CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 17, 2012

Life in the Country!

We found this beetle in the front yard. He had flipped on his back and couldnt get back over and was hissing! So I put him in a quart jar so the kids and I could get a closer look!
Yes, a skunk! My dad the skunk whisperer caught a skunk by the garden at night. The dogs went wild because they knew he was out there! We all took a look at him but from a distance to be safe. He was so cute!!! He found is way out the next day and left for his home.
The boys found a praying mantis (properly called mantids) in the back yard and told me to take a picture of it. I just learned that Mantids can turn their heads 180 degrees to scan their surroundings with two large compound eyes and three other simple eyes located between them! Cool!

0 comments: